Since 1975, Pathfinder, LLC has provided the worldwide Process Industry with project management consulting, customized project management-related training and project professionals. In the late 1990s, Pathfinder directed its attention to supporting Canadian projects in a similar capacity through its Canadian affiliate, PFI Project Consultants Canada, ULC (PFI).
"PFI’s mission is to provide our Canadian Process Industry clients with the optimum project management solutions to complex project situations and organizational needs."
We rely on our totally independent, owner-oriented, full coverage project management expertise, which has enabled us to deal with the complexities of small to large-scale project execution challenges throughout Canada and Worldwide.
Representative Local Assignments
PFI serves some of Canada’s leading chemical, oil & gas, petrochemical, power and mining organizations. Our clients find a reassuring “owner-oriented”, objective and skilled alliance partner – sensitive to – but beneficially different from those actually providing engineering and construction services. PFI is actively supporting numerous projects in Canada on a daily basis. We have worked with the following regional companies and have executed over 60,000 people hours in the region on various consulting and training assignments:
- Arkema (Newspar)
- Barrick Gold Corproation
- Campbell Soup Company of Canada
- Canadian Natural Resources Ltd.
- Cenovus Energy
- Detour Gold
- Enbridge Inc.
- Encana Corporation
- Enmax Corporation
- Husky Energy
- Imperial Oil Canada, Inc.
- Irving Oil
- Kinross Gold Corporation
- North West Redwater Partnership
- Nova Chemicals
- OPTI Canada Inc. (CNOOC Limited)
- OSUM Oil Sands Corporation
- SNC Lavalin
- Suncor Energy Services, Inc.
- Syncrude Canada, Ltd.
- Tarpon Energy Services Ltd.
- Vale Canada Ltd.
PFI has expertise in a wide variety of topics, with specific focus on the successful planning, execution and commissioning of Capital projects and programs. Our Canadian experience covers the following services:
- Project Engineering Organization Studies
- Capital Project Delivery Work Process Development
- Project Controls Support
- Project Management Maturity Assessments
- Project Execution Planning
- Lessons Learned
- Contracting Support
- Independent Project Reviews
- Cost Estimate Reviews
- Construction Management Support
- Value Improving Practice Planning and Facilitation
- Owner Project Management Team Augmentation
- Project Management & Related Topic Training
Canadian Society Participation
PFI also participates in many local project management and project control societies as well as local engineering and construction industry groups. These organizations include:
- Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineers International (AACEI)
- Canadian Consulate of New York City
- Canadian Heavy Oil Association (CHOA)
- Canadian Society for Value Analysis (CSVA)
- Construction Owners Association of Alberta (COAA)
- Oil Sands & Heavy Oil Technologies Conference
- Project Management Institute Southern Alberta Chapter (PMI-SAC)
- World Trade Center Oil Sands Conference
Pathfinder, LLC has been involved in over 4,600 projects around the world with Total Installed Cost exceeding $675 billion.